Here’s an opportunity to pause and appreciate life.
We each have our own special holiday. For those born in October, enjoy it to the fullest.
Reasons to Celebrate
Seasons change and so can we.
As I reflect on my own progress, this has been a year of extreme growth. Things that used to bother me didn’t matter. The mean-talk… The schemes people played didn’t distract me. I’ve become more compassionate. Less selfish.
Now, it’s your turn… Think of ways you’ve overcome. Struggles that don’t hurt as much. How have you changed?
That’s reason enough to celebrate.
This Month in History
- Animal Planet first aired in 1996.
- Cartoon Network began in 1992.
- Microsoft released version 1 of Word in 1983.
- Thurgood Marshall was sworn in as justice of the U.S. Supreme Court in 1967.
- Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. won the Nobel Peace Prize in 1964.
- IN GOD WE TRUST first appeared on U.S. paper currency in 1957.
- Peanuts was first published in 1950.
- In 1908, Ford’s Model T automobiles sold for $825.