This Month in History
- The year 1873 brought the birth of the blue jean.
- “Buffalo Bill,” William F. Cody opened his Wild West Show in 1883.
- In 1884, the Ringling Brothers circus premiered.
- U.S. President Woodrow Wilson proclaimed Mother’s Day as a national holiday in 1914.
- Cheerioats, which became Cheerios, was launched in 1941.
- In 1963, James Whittaker became the first American to conquer Mount Everest.
- In 2010, Jessica Watson became the youngest person to sail solo around the world. She achieved the seven-month voyage at the age of 16.
Find rest amid worry
When life seems insufferable
May you discover peace
…Even when you feel alone
May authentic love cross your path
And… You gain strength to fight
for your dreams
Dare to see yourself achieve
What is good and purposeful