Have you ever considered a cross country escape? One with scenic, panoramic views. Like now. ..when nature comes alive!
This could be a great time to explore the landscape…
National Parks via rail
Scenic Train experience
Scenic Routes from around the world
This Month in History
- Walter Hunt received his patent for the safety pin in 1849.
- In 1853, Cincinnati became the first in the U.S. to employ a full-time, professional fire department.
- James Cash Penney began his mark in the retail industry. In 1902, he opened his first store, Golden Rule – before branching out and changing the name to J.C. Penney.
- In 1922, Annie Oakley shot 100 clay targets in a row (which was considered a record-setting feat). She used her expertise to train other women – as well as, members of the military.
- Jackie Robinson made his major league baseball debut, playing for the Brooklyn Dodgers, in 1947 – and earning the title, Rookie of the Year. The coveted award was later renamed (Jackie Robinson Award) in his honor.
- In 1952, Mr. Potato Head made its television debut – being the first toy ever advertised.
- Harold Washington was elected mayor of Chicago in 1983. His even-handed approach worked to bring reform in a seemingly segregated system.
- CERN released the World Wide Web in 1993.
- In 2004, Shrek was found after 6 years on the run!.. Viewers watched as the sheep had his 15-inch, 59lb fleece cut on live broadcast.