Stuck in traffic thinking how nice it would be to fly above it all – like the birds in the sky. Their moves seem effortless.
Going from tree to tree. Back and forth…
As if carefree.
Imagine our predecessors being inspired by these feathered beauties. In trees. On land. Water… even among the clouds.
Let’s celebrate names inspired by birds.
- Wren – from the short-winged songbird
- Phoenix – mythological bird
- Arnold – like an eagle
- Robin – from the red-breasted bird
- Raven – from the lustrous black bird
- Hawk – from the diurnal bird of prey
- Dove – from the stocky bird, often seen as a symbol of peace
- Byrd – variant of “bird”
- Sparrow – from the oscine songbird
- Lark – from the passerine bird
- Starling – from the gregarious oscine bird